Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things

Back in Roanoke for an extended period of time (finally). Cleveland was cold and snowy--it made me appreciate how nice it is to live in a state that doesn't get so cold and snowy.

**********

I was right. I'm having a root canal tomorrow. My endontist assures me it will only be uncomfortable. He says that anesthesia has come a long way. I do not trust my endontist.

**********

Still getting lots of rejections. Got a lovely note from the poetry editor of the Missouri Review (concindentally, her poem was on verse daily the day she emailed me) apologizing for keeping my submission so long and telling that they were considering me for a feature. It was a rejection, but man what a kind one. An incredible magazine to almost-make. Also a note on a rejection from New Orleans Review telling me to "Please Send Again." All this said, I still haven't had an acceptance for about 7 months. Put together five packets of relatively new poems to send out tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, I feel as though with all this postivity floating around after the inaguration, something's got to hit soon...

**********

Saw Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. Not bad, not great. I probably would put it in the top ten new movies I've seen in the last 12 months, but I'm not sure that list is very prestigious. Brad Pitt did make me want to buy a new pair of sunglasses. And a motorcycle.

No comments: