Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January

Hard to believe we're almost halfway through January. I've written a couple of new poems, but most of my time has been spent plowing through the skeleton of my thesis and re-order, line-editing, etc. Meeting with Cathy on Friday to discuss what I do next. I'm eager.

**************

I have a toothache. I've had a toothache for about two weeks. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the dentist and I'm sure it's going to suck. But it can't be worse than the toothache, but for some reason the phrase "root canal" keeps popping into my head. I'm not sure I even know what one is, but it was always talked about as the most ominous, painful procedure you could have done at the dentist. I'll be happy to have it done with though, and hopefully have some relief for the right side of my mouth.


***************

Do you like music? Then download this free EP. It's by a group of guys I went to college with who are all very cool and very talented: Anonymous.

****************

Reading: James Tate Selected Poems and Mike Smith How to Make a Mummy (reviewing it for the Critic)
Listening to: Wood Brothers Loaded

No comments: