Thursday, December 3, 2009

Decemberly Morsels

Fantistic Mr. Fox may be the best movie I've seen all year. This may or may not have to do with the fact that I saw it while home on break after a solid day of wine drinking with the family, but nonetheless: I can't recommend it too highly.

**************

Carolina survived Michigan State--but let's be honest, they're not going to shoot 65% from the field every night. I'm bracing myself for a long winter as these young guards start to grow up. Another big game on Saturday: at Kentucky...

***************

The new issue of Blackbird is up and kicking. Some great work in there, from what I've perused thus far. Nice to see some good friends on there (Lisa Fay Coutley! Airin Miller!).


***************

Killer opening line of the moment:

"Let no air ever come between you. No clean sheet. No lamplight"

from Catie Rosemurgy's "God, As Quoted by Two Adulterers"
(My Favorite Apocalypse, Graywolf Press, 2001)


**************

Wow. Just, wow.

No comments: