Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tidbits



As a gesture of goodwill, I offer a conciliatory photo of the dog.

************

Seeing MILK tonight at the Grandin. Can't wait.

************

Headed to North Carolina and my Dad's house tomorrow morning. From there I go to Shelley's house and her sister's wedding in South Carolina. This means two weeks away from home. Today I cleaned the house, put the mail on hold, turned down the heat, etc. Here's hoping to coming home to a mailbox full of good news.

************

So I broke down and bought an Ellis Paul CD. I'm so weak-willed. On first listen, I have to say it's worth it. Though that argument does little to convince my bank account I made a poor decision.

************

Sending off my app for the Olive B. O'Connor Fellowship at Colgate tomorrow morning. Also sending my entry into the "Discovery"/Boston Review Poetry Contest. Both very cool opportunities for emerging writers--both things with ridiculously low chances of winning. But that's why we play the game.

************

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year's everyone!

No comments: