Sunday, January 17, 2010

Feeling Nostalgic


Puppy/dog picture-of-the-week. It's pretty much Boone's bed now...


*************

Golden Globes tonight. I'll probably watch as it's Sunday night and HBO is showing re-runs. So, this begs the question: who do you like? I've only got a few that I'm rooting for: I desperately want Fantastic Mr. Fox to win the best animated (watch out, Pixar...) as that was my favorite movie of the last year, I'd also like to see The Hangover win best comedy, and Neil Patrick Harris for best supporting actor in a comedy series. Beyond that, not many horses in this race. I've only seen 3 of the 5 nominated for best motion picture, but of those I guess I enjoyed Avatar the most, though I'm not sure if it's the stuff of 'best picture.' Anyway...


************

Killer first line of the moment:

"Twenty men stand watching the muckers."

from Carl Sandburg's "Muckers"
(Selected Poems, Harcourt Brace, 1996)


*************

Start my P90X program tomorrow. It'll be strange as for the past 3 years I've been running 20+ miles a week with not much focus on building muscle. Should be interesting to switch gears like this...


*************

As far as the Tonight Show debate goes, I'm a soldier in the Conan O'Brien army, but Jimmy Fallon won major points with this...

No comments: