Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Funday

Well, I survived my first week of teaching, including Saturday morning classes. Needless to say, one day was not nearly enough to recover and do the whole thing again, but let's hope that I start to fall into the rhythm of this schedule. I had big plans of sleeping-in this morning, though Boone decided he needed to go to the bathroom at 6. He pawed the back of my neck until I complied. The good news: I got my long-run in early (in preparation for a half-marathon in Raleigh). The bad news: until Boone outgrows puppydom, there will be no languishing beneath the covers until the afternoon.


**************

I've always thought I was a pretty good blogger, maybe it's time I go pro...


**************

Killer opening line of the moment:

"It came with the osprey, the cormorants, the air"

from Eavan Boland's "How the Dance Came to the City"
(A Fine Statement: An Irish Poets' Anthology; John McDonagh, Ed.; Poolbeg Press, 2008)


***************

Boone's new favorite hobby is dragging my underwear from the laundry pile to the living room rug. This is problematic when I have guests.


****************

In honor of MJ's induction into the Hall of Fame (apologies for the gratuitous shots of Eminem):

No comments: