Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quick One

So I just got home from introducing/listening to Carl Dennis. Really an amazing reading, which had nothing to do with my introduction. He's such a warm man, and his poems really lend themselves to being spoken. That's the good news. The bad news: he signed my book "for Rick," though he did include a very nice note about my introduction, and there's a 48% chance he was being funny with his note because he accidentally referred to me as Rick during his reading. Either way, very nice man, amazing poet.

*************

I'm thankful for a weekend where I'm staying at home. Running a 5K in Blacksburg on Saturday afternoon, just another fine opportunity for t-shirt acquiring. Should be good.


*************

Killer first line of the moment:

"Tilt the garden up and, look, nothing"

from Conor O'Callaghan's "The Flat Earth"
(Fiction, Wake Forest University Press, 2005)


*************

Here's another bit of the Aerials sequence, to disappear shortly. A half-sonnet, if you will, heavily influenced by the Claudia Emerson poem I posted a few days ago:

*plish*

***************

Very tired. Thankful for good conversations, nice weather, and new poems.

No comments: