Monday, April 20, 2009

As Promised

Well I said I'd post more today, though I must admit I don't have much to say. I've been listening to "Paper Planes" all afternoon, so that makes me feel pretty good.

*****************

Many thanks to all who came out to my reading at Elon. It was great to have some new ears for old (and new) poems. I'll post one of the new ones I read, another sonnet from the Aerials sequence, disappearing soon:

*plish*


********************

Still applying for jobs. But as things keep moving far too quickly, I've been thinking harder and harder about just picking somewhere I want to live and moving there. I'm pretty terrified by this approaching limbo, maybe because I thought my plans were so unshakeable so recently (and we all know how that turned out). My main obstacle is all this stuff I've accumulated that I would have to put into storage (couches, tables, books and books and books) if I took off. I've thought about selling my car back because it's not necessarily part of my current budget, but I do love the car so I'll probably just take on some red numbers. Also, I still have lots of lines in the water as far as possible jobs go, though with no idea how realistic my chances are at any of them. All that pissing and moaning aside, places I'm seriously pondering, investigating, considering saying "screw it" and moving to: Laramie, Wyoming; Portland, Oregon; Waterville, Maine; Ft. Collins, Colorado. As you can see, there's a theme. I'd sort of like to get away from people for awhile, not necessarily a ranch in the woods, but certainly places with lots of open spaces. Any suggestions?


*******************

Killer opening line of the moment:

"Evergreens have reasons"

from James Galvin's "Navigation"
(Resurrection Update, Copper Canyon, 1997)

********************

All I wanna do is...

No comments: