Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fifteen is Not the Same as Thirty

As you might have noticed, I haven't posted any new poems recently. That's because I haven't been writing them as I had planned. So, it seems the 30-poems-in-30-days challenge is dead. But, I have 15 poems, 12 of which I think are pretty good. A nice place to start. I can see the seeds of something bigger (let's not call it a project, but a germ of an idea for a project), which is exciting.

Got to see an early galley of my book yesterday. Today, sent it off to potential blurbers to scope out. Let's hope some of them say yes, otherwise, I'll just ask family members to say nice things about me and throw those on the back of the book...

It's looking like I'll be on a panel at AWP , a cross-genre reading with some super august company. More on that soon...stoked about DC already...

**************


**************

Killer first line of the moment:

"All the preachers claimed it was Satan."

from Rodney Jones' "TV"

**************


-10 Sentences with John Jodizo. Nifty interview from over at HTMLGIANT. I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite interviewing format...

****************

Diggin' this song, though you sort of have to suffer through that first Damian Marley verse...

No comments: